Thursday, March 6, 2008

Just a little update

Someone brought home a cold (between myself and the kids, it's debatable) and now the kids have snotty runny noses and I have a sore throat and a runny nose. Luckly Mark isn't feeling under the weather and we are hoping it stays that way, especially with our upcoming vegas party week.

Poor Tristan...it's hit him the worst. He spent the entire day sulking and crying at daycare, apparently he got a lot of lap time today. Cassie and Ryland still have runny noses (we are into day 6 of this), but they don't seem to be feeling under the weather and are as playful as ever.

Motherhood continues to amaze me. It's no secret to anyone who knows me that I have always wanted babies, but I never imagined that I could love anyone like I love these children. Just last night, my heart nearly broke for Tristan. He had such a rough night, and I wanted nothing more than to take his discomfort away from him and experience it myself. All I could do was comfort and hold him. I imagine there is much more to come of this over the next few decades.

Each night on our way to our bedroom, Mark and I sneak into their room and tuck them in for the night. And on occasion, we'll grab one of them to come snuggle with us for a little bit. I am so thankful and so grateful that we have been so richly blessed. Of course there are tough days, exhausting and frustrating ones too, but there are so many moments that make those days so worthwhile.

1 comment:

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

sorry to hear that you are all sick. that stinks! i hope that everyone is feeling better very soon!